Ukraine crisis response - Logistics Coordinator - M/F
Mission Location: Odessa & Mykolaiv
We will focus its effort in South Ukraine to provide emergency primary health care and support to hospitals in the war zone of Mykolaiv Oblast and around. The main objective is to reduce the mortality and suffering among the population affected by the war in this area through 4 axes:
Reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with chronic disease and communicable diseases among the isolated population in Mykolaiv Oblast
Reduce mental health burden through psychological care in Mykolaiv Oblast
Support hospitals to deliver trauma and intensive health care in Mykolaiv City
Ensuring a rapid response mechanism to delivered health care support to affected population
Level 3: As part of his/her duties, the incumbent will visit programs and come into contact with children and/or vulnerable adults. Therefore, a criminal record check or a certificate of good character will be required. In situations where a criminal record check or character reference is not possible, a declaration on honour will be requested.
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINKS
He/she reports to the Head of Mission
His/her technical referent is the Emergency Logistic Desk referent
Is the referent for the project's Logistics Managers (s)
Collaborates with field project coordinators, coordination team, and other staff
MISSION AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
The Logistic coordinator must define the objectives and technical orientations of the mission, propose strategies consistent to support the medical and humanitarian needs of the areas of intervention and provide technical support to all the mission's logistics teams.
● Location: Ukraine or Moldova
● Project: giving support to the health services involved in the assistance to refugee
Define and implement technical and logistics strategies and support to the field under the technical support and management of the Logistics Desk Manager, dedicated for approval of the global logistics strategy, ensuring the pertinence and coherence of logistics planning & programmes, adequacy of the means provided and the compliance of ALIMA standards and protocols in order to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions and optimize the impact of the medical projects activities.
⮚ IMPLEMENT THE OPERATIONAL LOGISTICS STRATEGY
● Participate actively in the elaboration and update of project planning, budgets proposals and any emergency operations, give support in strategies definition and providing advice to the HoM in the translation of the identified logistical / technical needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for the mission.
● Establish a mission procurement plan in accordance with validation of expenditures scale
● Liaise will all supply chain actors (government authorities, private companies, INGO partners and clusters) and insure procurement of Drugs; NFI and others in accordance with international and local laws. Both nationally and internationally.
⮚ MONITORING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF LOGISTICS ACTIVITIES AND PROCEDURES
● Follow up the activities and support the mission in the different sectors, which involve logistics: construction and rehabilitation, warehousing and supply of medical and non-medical material, transport, communications, water and sanitation, fleet and engines management, assets control, security and reporting, etc.
● Implement and apply ALIMA harmonized validated procedures and documentation. Reinforce controls and enhance training on use.
● Accountable to ensure compliance of ALIMA standards, protocols and procedures. His role requests to report to the HoM on the development of the ongoing programmes and proposing reorientation strategies, with contribution and technical approval of the Logistics Desk Manager, when needed.
⮚ MANAGEMENT OF LOGISTICS TEAMS AND HR POLICIES
● Responsible for the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, capacity building (induction, coaching, training), briefing/debriefing and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he/she is accountable for.
● Develops activities planning, action plans, appraisal & evaluation for Logistics managers and other national positions.
● Reviews and adapts consequently and timely all jobs description for the national logistics staff.
● Responsible for ensuring technical reference, supporting logistics teams on all technical issues in the mission, and providing basic guidelines and knowledge to programmes staff to follow procedures. He has to assume their implementation.
⮚ MANAGEMENT OF ASSETS AND PREMISES STRUCTURES AND EQUIPMENT
● Monitors and follow up the registration, codification and tagging of all new assets, purchased or donated. Ensure that all in use equipment is recorded and tagged.
● Sets and supervises a regular physical inventory of the assets list. Keep assets list updated.
● Is responsible for ensuring installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in an adequate living condition as well as all the equipment required.
● Supervises the proper use and maintenance of IT (computers, software, backups, etc.), office, communication, transportation and energy equipment.
● Assumes and raises reports on assets for each donor as references for audit and control. Proceed to enquiries/investigations in case of damages or lost on any asset for reporting.
⮚ MONITORING OF SECURITY AND RISKS MANAGEMENT
● Elaborates, defines and monitors technical aspects of the risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the mission security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, performing day-to day monitoring security rules observation and reporting of any problem to the HoM.
● Creates an appropriate environment to facilitate exchange of information on security situations and will be the security back up in the absence of the HoM.
● Develops tools to proceed to elaborate a risk analysis report and update the different SOP’s (base, coordination and mission).
● Collects and compiles all useful and right information from his network then to share timely within the mission or with dedicated staff.
● He. She has to establish good communication means in the Mission (including numbers & frequencies), allowing permanent communication between capital, projects, bases and HQ.
● Procures to all staff in the Mission benefits a welcome briefing on security SOP’s and from proper training on some topics like on how to use communications equipment (e.g. satellite phones, HF/VHF radios, computers, etc.),
● Manages plannings of trainings with organizations in charge of safety and security such as INSO or UNDSS
● The role of the logistics coordinator is to ensure the setup of security measures and their application by all ALIMA staff in the mission.
⮚ SETTINGS AND IMPROVEMENT OF REPORTING
● He. She analyzes monthly projects reports, comments and send feedback to all logistics managers before consolidation of the monthly mission report.
● Provides, on weekly or monthly bases, reporting on activities from projects/mission evolution on the technical/logistics perspective and propose corrections if needed. Consult the logistics referent in case of amendment.
● Improves contents of report, monitor closely results of procurement follow up, stocks management and value, fuel consumptions and action points.
● Role and responsibility to ensure quality of reporting, exchanges and sharing of reliable information and data.
● He.She represents ALIMA in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs for technical/logistics or security related issues.
● Acting HoM for all issues when he is assigned as his representative in his absence
⮚ IMPLEMENTATION OF PREVENTION MEASURES AGAINST ABUSE OF POWER, GENDER-BASED AND SEXUAL VIOLENCE :
● Participates in training and awareness sessions
● Implements abuse prevention standards
● Ensures that team members complete training and awareness sessions and follow abuse prevention rules
● Helps create and maintain a nurturing and protective environment.
Experience and Skills
- ● Negotiation skills.
Duration and type of contract: French contract: 6 weeks
Starting position: Asap
Salary: according to ALIMA scale + experience + per diem
● travel expenses between the expatriate's home country and the place of assignment
● accommodation costs
● 2.08 days off per month
● daily per diem
● medical coverage from the first day of the contract to one month after the date of departure from the country of assignment for the employee and his/her dependents
● the break policy every 3 months (for 6 months of the mission)
● evacuation for the employee.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to our page.
Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. ALIMA reserves the right to close the offer before the initial deadline if an application is accepted. Only complete applications (CV in PDF format + letter of motivation) will be considered.