Project Logistics Manager - Mykolaiv - M/F
Mission Location: Odessa & Mykolaiv
We will focus its effort in South Ukraine to provide emergency primary health care and support to hospitals in the war zone of Mykolaiv Oblast and around. The main objective is to reduce the mortality and suffering among the population affected by the war in this area through 4 axes:
● Reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with chronic disease and communicable diseases among the isolated population in Mykolaiv Oblast
● Reduce mental health burden through psychological care in Mykolaiv Oblast
● Support hospitals to deliver trauma and intensive health care in Mykolaiv City
● Ensuring a rapid response mechanism to delivered health care support to affected population
Level 3: As part of his/her duties, the incumbent will visit programs and come into contact with children and/or vulnerable adults. Therefore, a criminal record check or a certificate of good character will be required. In situations where a criminal record check or character reference is not possible, a declaration on honour will be requested.
He/she reports to the Project Coordinator (line manager) and the Logistics Coordinator (functional manager)
He/She manages the project's logistics staff (log base, supply, stock, external activities, log assistant, guards...). He/she collaborates with all other members of the mission
- Definition of objectives and data analysis
- Data and reporting
● Consolidates reports for all logistics families and analyzes data
● Writes and transmits the monthly logistics package to the Project Coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator.
● Writes an annual project logistics report
● Organizes clear filing and archiving of all paper and electronic logistics documentation
● Compiles quantitative logistical data (consumption, stocks, distributions) and analyzes them before transmission to the logistics coordinator,
- Specific objectives
● Identifies local actors in the working environment: local authorities, NGOs, service providers, suppliers. Creates or maintains favorable working relationships with these stakeholders in collaboration with the PI and the Field Administrator.
● Participate in any exploratory or assessment missions in the area of the base to which he/she is assigned
Participate in discussions on
the conduct of the project and the definition of objectives.
- Program Implementation
● With the medical activity managers and the project coordinator, determines the needs for the structures supported by the project in water, hygiene and sanitation, and basic necessities. If present on the mission, refers to the WASH coordinator
● Supervise the waste treatment chain (collection, sorting, destruction, dumping) in the supported facilities in collaboration with the WASH Manager.
● Ensures compliance with the biosecurity measures put in place
● Ensures the safety of the facilities and buildings (presence of fire extinguishers, grounding of electrical installations, etc.) in collaboration with the logistics coordinator and the health district.
● Ensures the availability and proper functioning of IT equipment, internet connectivity and telecommunications in collaboration with the logistics coordinator: Evaluate and propose the appropriate means of communication, Follow-up on the recharging of communications means, ...
● Organizes and supervises the work decided in common agreement with the medical department
● Arranges transportation for patient referral and cross-referral
● Organizes and supervises the maintenance and upkeep of medical equipment and infrastructure
- Inventory management
● Ensures the implementation of inventory management tools
● Choose the premises, decide on the layout and organize the security of the storage spaces.
● Centralizes and controls monthly, quarterly and annual inventories
● Performs physical inventory controls.
● Monitors and analyzes consumption of food, fuel and common consumables (chlorine, hygiene products, patient kit, stationery, etc.).
● In connection with the Supply Manager, he/she ensures and controls the quality of storage in the warehouses.
● Ensures proper stock management through stock cards, by implementing control tools.
● Ensures that waybills and project transportation documents are accurately developed.
● Follows up on donations (logistical and medical equipment), the establishment and archiving of donation certificates.
- Ordering and procurement
● Ensures compliance with purchasing procedures on its projects and the validity of framework contracts
● Centralizes the orders of its project and establishes the orders according to the follow-up of consumption and the frequency of supply and transmits them to the Supply Manager.
● Validates quotations and orders of materials for the sites and ensures the supervision and control of the purchase forecasts
● Ensures the receipt of field orders, validation of documents for all transactions, and archiving.
● Oversees the procurement of basic necessities (kits) in collaboration with the Procurement Manager.
- Fleet management
If rented vehicles
● Ensures that standard services of ALIMA's own and leased vehicles are performed, as well as daily and weekly checks.
● Ensures that the use of rented vehicles is recorded.
If ALIMA vehicles
● Manage the mechanical stock (spare parts, consumables, fuel stock).
● Implements weekly and daily vehicle usage planning.
● Controls the movements of the machines
● Ensures rational consumption for all vehicles, generators and motorized equipment.
- Base and office
● Proposes a possible management improvement based on its data analysis
● With the medical activity managers and the project coordinator, determines the new, maintenance or supply needs for the medical infrastructures (energy, lighting, equipment, consumables) and for the team's housing and offices.
● Participate in the reflection Eco responsible and bring up solutions that can be innovative by participating in the reduction of carbon consumption:; hybrid system, ...
- Security Management
● Accompanies the CP in the implementation of and compliance with security procedures and rules
- Team management and animation
- Implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
● Participates in training and awareness sessions
● Implements abuse prevention standards
Ensures that team members
complete training and awareness sessions and implement abuse prevention
Helps create and maintain a nurturing and protective environment.
Experiences and Skills
● Experience in team management and supervision
Qualities of the candidate
● Professional rigor
● Calm, excellent stress management and composure
● Very good communication and listening skills
● Ability to adapt
● Excellent ability to understand and follow medical procedures
● Good command of French (reading, writing, speaking) essential
● Fluency in English and/or a local language is an asset
● Contract term: contract under French law, contract length: 5 months (renewable, based on funding availability and performance)
● Position to be filled: May 2022
Salary: depending on experience + per diem
ALIMA pays for:
● travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
● accommodation costs
● medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
● evacuation of the employee
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and your answers to our job page.
Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful. Only full applications will be taken into account. Only accepted applications will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.